For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalms 139: 13&14

Thursday, January 5, 2012

8 months old!

Somehow it's the 5th of the next month already and you're 8 months old!

You are majorly on the move this month! Still army crawling but occassionally crawling normally. The biggest thing you've done this month is pull yourself to standing... on EVERYTHING!!!! You really enjoy pulling up on brother's train table and stealing trains. Parker is less than thrilled with this new trick of yours. He usually finds a train he doesn't care too much about and says "Here Avie. You play with (insert train name."

You finally started eating baby food! It's MESSY but you enjoy it and the subsequent bath. You and your brother are both fish! You still love frozen waffles, puffs and graham crackers. 

Lately you've been pulling out your bow. It breaks my heart. I still dress you super girly though so no denying you're a GIRL!

You have 2 teeth now, both on the bottom. You've bit me a few times but I kinda scared you when you did it and you haven't done it in about 2 weeks. 

Your favorite thing to do is make a mad dash for the dog bowls when I'm not looking and splash water everywhere!

This month you got a new "big girl" backwards facing Britax Advocate. You still don't like riding in the car by any means but you hate it a little less now.

Sleep...maybe one day. You're an excellent sleeper in my arms. You'd sleep from 8-8 if I sat in a rocking chair and held you all night but since I can't, you're still a bit of a diva and require lots of night time cuddles.

You weigh 18lbs according to the "weigh myself and then weigh myself holding you" method.

You LOVE to babble, particularly when you're not screaming in the car. "bababababa" is your go to babble but today you adding the "ma" sound into the mix. You're also an expert raspberry blower.

Everyone thinks you are the happiest baby they've ever seen and if you remove car riding from the scenario, I'd have to agree. You are a joy to all who know you and "we love you all the way to God's house and back!""










Clearly, I haven't been too great with pictures this month and most of these are from today (hence the same outfit over and over) but thankfully you were in a FANTASTIC mood today and constantly camera ready! :)

1 comment:

  1. That was such a beautiful thing to write about your child. You just described on my son to a T. What church do you go to? I am looking for a good church in this area.

    ReplyDelete