For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalms 139: 13&14

Friday, October 15, 2010

Baby Name Polls!

While this is HIGHLY preemptive..... I'm obsessed with baby names. It makes this process feel more real to me since I don't look pregnant yet... just a little on the puffier side! Maybe I'll take a 10 week picture on Sunday.

Back to names. We have first names for a girl and a boy but we're struggling with middle names. For a girl, her name would be Avery. For a boy, his name would be Gavin. They're like 99% set in stone. Daniel likes Elizabeth as a middle name with Avery but I'd prefer something a bit less traditional.  For a boy... we're both stumped. I created a poll on babynamegenie.com. Help us out people.... either comment on this post with some middle names (make sure to specify boy or girl) or head to the polls to pick from the 3 names that I like (it only let me input 3 or I'd have a list of 12).

Girl poll:
http://www.babynamegenie.com/polls/208371
Boy poll:
http://www.babynamegenie.com/polls/208373
Here's the full list of middle names I'm currently batting around.
Avery:
Hannah
Elizabeth
Olivia
Madison
Amelia
Austin
Emerson
Savannah

Gavin:
Brady
Emmitt
Lawson
Cooper
Carter
Carson
Brooks
Owen
Daniel
Austin
Hudson
Jackson


Feel free to throw others into the mix! Thanks guys!

4 comments:

  1. Avery Elizabeth (I love the name Elizabeth. It's a very strong name! Not to mention it was my grandmother's middle name as well as every female grand-daughter, except me).

    Gavin Daniel -- This just sounds like a CEO in the making. Plus I think the monogram would look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My picks are anything NOT being highly used right now and, of course, traditional....does that help much?

    PS I love Elizabeth, but it's my first name so shooooockerrrrrrrrrr there. HOWEVER, I'd like to amend that I like it spelled Elisabeth...why didn't my parent's name me like that...oh yeah b/c it's a family name. Do you like how I'm supposed to be studying, but I keep writing on your blogs....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I LOVE Avery Savannah. What about the name Lila? I've always loved that name...not that it really flows with Avery....or it could :)

    Gavin Brooks is my pick for a boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the name Austin is AWESOME! : ) xoxoxox Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete