For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalms 139: 13&14

Monday, January 3, 2011

My Labor of Love... Ruffle Curtains

I did it baby, girl! I sewed ruffle curtains for your room! HOORAY, mommy! I am just sure you're going to come home from the hospital and be like "Oh my gosh, mom, those curtains are simply amazing! Thank you!!!"  Until then, I will just gloat in my accomplishment.

IT. WAS. NOT. EASY. WHEW. I almost threw in the towel a few times but I REALLY REALLY wanted to make your curtains because I made your brother's as well but I have this terrible problem of coming up with grand ideas and failing to execute them. Don't get me wrong, if you turn the curtains backwards or pick up the ruffles, you'll see flaws... and a lot of them but they look great from the front which is all that really matters, right?

Without further ado...
Extreme Close Up of the ruffles and fabrics
YAY! They look so much better in person but a picture will do for now. The layers need to be ironed down (I promise they're even) but I got gunk on the iron and it needs to be cleaned. Bummer, I can't iron! LOL
Last night, I also tried my hand a gigantic tissue paper flower balls for your room. Mobiles don't fit on your crib so I thought these would be cute. I made a pink one, cream one and aqua blue one. I also have brown and lime green tissue paper ordered. I'm planning to make 5 of them of all different sizes and hanging them in the corner of your room for some dimension and visual interest.
The one closest to the camera is the one that will hang in your room. The other two were practice but still turned out pretty well. They're hanging from my ceiling fan until I get fishing line and tack to hang them in your room!
Your nursery is underway! Hooray! The car seat cover is done and on a UPS truck in Indiana, headed here! I've designed some wall art for your room and I LOVE the idea... now I just need to find a vendor on etsy to make it happen. Your bedding is underway and should be here this month. It's all coming together which makes this nesting mama VERY happy! Love you, Avery, bug! You're not even here yet and you're just SO fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment