For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalms 139: 13&14

Monday, March 14, 2011

2 years ago today

2 years ago tonight, your dad and I were in the hospital and it was the beginning of the end of my pregnancy with Parker. Daddy and I went to Charleston to visit friends and have one more mini vacation before Parker came and that night, I volunteered to walk the dogs before bed. I NEVER walk the dogs. They get let out in the backyard but daddy insisted I walk them that night. I made it to the edge of the driveway before the neighbor's dog attacked us. I fell on my stomach, without catching myself and the dog did a number on my back and the back of my thigh. Daddy and the neighbor came to my (and our dog's) rescue but I was panicked. My blood pressure shot up and I couldn't feel Parker move anymore so we headed to the ER.

Once we got there, they hooked me up to monitors and noticed that I was starting to contract. After a night of magnesium and monitoring, I was released from the hospital with the understanding that Parker was going to come early. Unfortunately, I started leaking fluids and my blood pressure never went back down. I took my blood pressure at Harris Teeter the next Friday and it was sky high. I got my Starbucks (probably a poor idea now that I think about it) and drove myself to the hospital where I was admitted. Parkerman was born Saturday afternoon, March 21st 2009.

Today I am SOO thankful that you're still baking. There are times when I'm super uncomfortable and I wish you were out but then I remember some of those terrifying days when Parker was in the NICU and I couldn't be more excited that you're still in me! Tonight I swear I SAW your foot under my ribs, trying to break through my skin! You have been an active little booger tonight. I've had 2 contractions today, although I know I'm not supposed to be concerned about random ones here and there at this point. My skin is stretched SOO tightly that I can see my blood vessels. I think if my belly grows any more it's going to crack despite my best effort to cocoa butter up daily.

I'm cherishing your nudges and rolls. I LOVE watching my belly move and I caught myself staring at myself in the mirror today. I'm a complete freak of nature... just this huge belly and I LOVE it (well looking at it... it's actually really uncomfortable). I hated the way I looked when I was pregnant with your brother but I feel so maternal this pregnancy. I'm kind of obsessed with staring at my belly. I think I didn't like how I looked with your brother because I carried him everywhere. I never really had a belly and carried his baby weight all over... including my face! Not pretty! All this to say... you're already beautiful... I can tell!

You're starting to calm down so MAYBE I'll be able to fall asleep now. You are SOO loved! I can't describe how thankful I am that you are healthy and still bakin'! I'm aiming to keep you in at least 6 more weeks, if not more!

No comments:

Post a Comment