For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalms 139: 13&14

Monday, November 1, 2010

12 weeks!

You're 12 weeks old now! This was a big week for me because I decided a while back that at 12 weeks along, I was no longer allowed to worry about you. Previously, we've been optimistically thrilled about you but there was always the thought in the back of my mind that we could loose you. I know SOO many people who have miscarried and the thought of that possibility makes me cry. Now that you're 12 weeks (a date that the chances of loosing you drops dramatically) I WILL stop worrying and start being 100% excited with no "buts." Satan must have known I set 12 weeks as my "stop worrying date" because I had the WORST nightmare the exact date (at almost midnight!) that you turned 12 weeks. I woke up in tears and so scared! Too bad for him that "in the name of Jesus" he was demanded to leave my thoughts and we went right back to sleep!

Still no belly pictures this week because there just isn't one. Some pants are getting a little snug but not even enough for anyone but me to notice. We go for an ultrasound on Thursday and I'm SOO excited! Because I'm high risk, the doctors wanted to do some non invasive testing which includes an ultrasound so I'm super thrilled! I'm HOPING that just maybe we'll get to see what gender you are. It's a long shot but I know some friends who have found out at 13 weeks! :)

Speaking of gender... I'm a sucker for guessing what/who you might be so I wasted $30 on one of those urine gender test. According to the test you're both a girl and a boy. haha. I was certain the test showed girl but your dad showed me from a different angle that the test showed boy. We kept moving the test to different light angles. I think it was slightly more girl but it was still definitely inconclusive. Oh well. $30 not so well spent but it was a fun 10 minutes.

Yesterday was Halloween. I kept thinking that next year I'll have a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 month old! How fun!!!!! 

Now that we're 12 weeks, I'll start doing some updates in the Q&A format.  Here's our 1st one!

How far along: 12 weeks, 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: 1 1/2 pounds but I feel like it looks like more.
Maternity clothes: Not yet but I did wash all of mine and add a piece or 2 recently
Sleep: I usually wake up once a night to potty in addition to any time Parker wakes me up.
Best moment this week: Hitting the 12 week, no more worrying mark!
Movement: Apparently you're moving a lot according to "the books" but I can't feel it yet.
Cravings: I'm loving cold fruit and soups!
Gender: I think girl... but I'm starting to waiver more recently
Labor Signs: No. Thank the Lord!
Belly Button in our out? In!
What I miss:I'm not going to lie. I miss margaritas and wine at night after Parker is asleep!
What am I looking forward to? Seeing you Thursday. You'll look more human and less blobish.
Milestones: Hitting the "stop worrying" mark!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment