For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalms 139: 13&14

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Hello 2nd Trimester!

How far along: 14 weeks, 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: Still -1 lbs.... but not for lack of trying! We've been enjoying coffee ice cream with sprinkles frequently lately but we've been counteracting it with LOTS of walks!
Maternity clothes: Not yet!
Sleep: We've made it all the way through the night for 3 nights in a row! WOO HOO!
Best moment this week: Baby girl stuff shopping
Movement: You're moving all around but I don't feel it yet.
Cravings: No cravings but I have gone to the grocery store hungry a lot lately which means I've bought some pretty random things.
Gender: GIRL!
Labor Signs: No. Thank the Lord!
Belly Button in our out? In!
What I miss: Still margaritas and not having to always ask about the cheese dip.
What am I looking forward to? Getting in my new online purchases for you!
Milestones: Hitting the 2nd trimester!


According to the weekly baby center emails, you can now squint, frown, grimace (which I hope you aren't doing!), pee and suck your thumb. Congratulations on your latest accomplishments! The site also says you're 3 1/2 inches but I bet your bigger than that since you were 3 1/4 inches at your ultrasound. This week, apparently you're the size of a lemon. :) 

My energy is coming back and I've very much enjoyed getting out and walking. We've walked the 4 mile creek greenway a few times this week. It feels SO good to get out and be active!

I've done lots of baby prep this week! Your bedding is purchased and being made. Your car seat cover material has been purchased but I haven't contacted the seamstress yet. My friend (and Parker's godmother), Tabitha, made you a precious little beanie for when you're a newborn. It's ADORABLE! I also found this one and had to have it for you for pictures. 

I can already envision you naked, in a basket, wrapped in a fluffy blanket, asleep, with this beanie on. THEN I can frame it on your wall because it matches your bedding! How smart is mommy? 

I also splurged this week on something I REALLY REALLY wanted for you. A Nap Nanny! I explained how amazing these little things are and daddy was sold. You see, Parker would ONLY sleep at an angle and we spent many sleepless nights trying to prop him up so he would sleep. As an infant, he would only nap if he was held and that just isn't going to fly this time around with you and a toddler! Every mom I know who has one loves it! (No worries other mommy friends... I've read the reviews and I know how and when to use it... I'm also aware of the recall and this one is the 2nd generation version). Anyways, I hope you love it because I love the idea of it. I scored this one on eBay new for $50 less than in the store so I was pleased. 
 Love you bunches, baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment