For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalms 139: 13&14

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

1st ultrasound

Today's doctor's appointment was a bit disheartening. We had our 1st ultrasound and were SOOO excited to see you! The only problem is.... you were too tiny to see! My HcG hormone levels had risen to a number where we thought you were far along enough to get a glimpse of... but all we saw was a little sac. The ultrasound tech said she was a bit concerned but the doctor said you were just gestationally (not a real word... I know) a lot younger than we thought! Honestly, as much as I'd like to say, "Oh no big deal, we'll see you in 2 weeks!" ... it worried me.

I did the math... it isn't possible for you to be ANY younger than 6 weeks and I really thought you were at least 8. Even at 6 weeks, we probably should have been able to see you! The doctor said you could be tucked to the side of the sac which supplies you with nutrients but I felt discouraged. Interesting factoid... you came from my right ovary... just in case you ever wanted to know. Apparently my left one is 1/4 the size of my right one and is C-R-A-P-P-Y. Hey, who needs 2 anyways.

I'm not much of a worrier. It's pretty pointless and the rational side of me knows this. BUT for some reason, I worry about you. I worry I'm going to loose you and I was really looking forward to this ultrasound so I could SEE you were growing and that you were there and ok. Unfortunately, this appointment was really more unsettling. I'm just going to have to pray my way through it and trust God in His plan for both of our lives. It's a lot harder than it sounds though! Parker and I are heading to Charleston this coming Monday through Wednesday to play with his god parents. This will be a much welcomed distraction!

I go back to the doctor next Thursday for more blood work to check my HcG levels again. HOPEFULLY they will have skyrocketed! They're supposed to double every 48-72 hours. As of right now, my HcG levels measure at 7 weeks. The doctor was kind enough to schedule another ultrasound (since this one was SUCH a tease!) for Tuesday, September 28th. Once again, we had to work around daddy's work schedule. I'll be super whiny that Monday because I'll be dying to see you but that silly work schedule keeps getting in the way of those early week visits! Tuesday will come soon enough, though.

Until then, as my grandparent's garden sign says..... Grow Damnit!

No comments:

Post a Comment