For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalms 139: 13&14

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

May 14, 2011!!!!

That's your due date... for now! We had a "best case scenario" doctor's appointment today! As soon as the nurse started the ultrasound she said "What a strong heartbeat!!" I was like "The baby's ok?! It has a heartbeat?!" The nurse responded that with a heartbeat of 171 beats per minute, she bets you're a girl. You know something crazy? Her daughter was born on May 14th! My guess is that you'll be early... just not too early please!!!

I'll be honest... it isn't possible for you to be 7 weeks and 3 days old like they told me. I know when you were created and you are 8 weeks 3 days old. They calculate due dates based on how big you are and my blood work but it's all within an average "range." Since we know I have small babies, it's definitely possible that you're just a bit small right now... but you'll catch up! According to your due date, you were created while mommy was in Myrtle Beach on her girls weekend. ha ha! WHICH we know isn't correct!

You're tiny. The size of a grain of rice. Just over 1 centimeter. I couldn't make out any features but you are a precious little blob. You wiggled around and I could see your heart pumping blood. If I can figure out how to use the scanner, I'll upload your ultrasound pictures. NOT that we can make any of it out... BUT it does seem very official. Your 1st picture!

Because I'm slightly high risk since your brother was born early and I've had cancer, the doctors are monitoring you closely! I get to have another ultrasound in 4 weeks to see you again! You'll have features and everything!!!! That will be super exciting!  AHHHH... I'm on cloud 9!

I think we may tell more people about you soon since I know you're doing well. You have been a pretty fun secret to keep but I've definitely spilled the beans a few times. Who wouldn't?! You're exciting news! Keep growing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment