For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalms 139: 13&14

Saturday, December 4, 2010

You're undeniably a GIRL!

Today I had a very cool opportunity to have an ultrasound at 3D Dream Images at Baxter Village! Since I have my OB ultrasound on Thursday, I was the perfect candidate to let the "new girl" practice on and "compare"! Of course, I wasn't going to turn that down! I went in with low expectations and came out with WAY more than I"ll probably get at my doctor's appointment on Thursday.

Well, it's official... you're most definitely a GIRL! I have 63 ultrasound photos, many of which are of your lady regions to prove it! You were amazing! Hopefully, you continue to be so good having your picture taken... unlike your brother who I STILL don't have a Christmas picture of! 2 different sonographers were there and you were an easy case to crack. As soon as they turned the machine on, your legs went spread eagle! Thanks, baby girl! It made the rest of the ultrasound so fun because I could stop wondering what you are and focus on things like your mouth yawning. Precious!

You weigh almost 7 ounces and are measuring at May 12th being your due date. They turned on the 3D which was a little weird since you're still pretty skeletonish but I think you look like nana! ....maybe because she has a small face and since you have no fat, you also have a similar look.

You moved all around and I enjoyed seeing you kick and spin. You liked having your hands behind your head. I hope you're as mellow of a newborn as you looked to be today. You looked peaceful but playful at the same time. I'm in love... even more.

I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am that you're a girl! I started to question myself this week as your first monogrammed item came in the mail... I sorta started to freak out. Everything else has tags but that didn't! It was your name, in thread, none returnable... and now I'm loving it! Let the hair bow and dress making kick into overdrive! I've been paying attention to bow sizes on little girls recently.... yours are on the bigger side. haha. I don't believe there is a such thing as a hair bow that's too big.

Well here's what you've been waiting for.... my favorite of the 63 photos that they printed for me AND put on a disk! Sweet!

The 1st of many lady regions pictures! Note the 3 lines.... those are skin folds. It's a GIRL!

Waiving

Those precious little legs that give me an occasional nudge

Profile and spine

Precious little feet!

Sticking her tongue out!
Big yawn! Someone was sleepy!
Another check to the lady regions.
The only 3D image that looked human. Clearly I need to eat more coffee ice cream and snickers.... look at those ribs!

One last check to the lady region just so I could leave and not feel guilt any more about buying dresses! 


Pretty cool, huh!?! We have another ultrasound at the OB Thursday so I'm interested to see how different it is than this experience at 3D dream images. One thing is sure to be the same... you, my love, are a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, excited for you! Not sure if you know this but Shannon makes and sells these necklaces and she made one with her ultrasound in it. It's pretty cool! Here is the link if you want to see them: http://srmemorabledesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Emily! They're really cute! I'll look into that! I have another ultrasound Thursday so maybe I'll get a bit better profile shot to use! Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete