For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalms 139: 13&14

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

First few days home

I haven't done a post since you've been home! It has been nothing short of blissful! You wake up 1-2 times a night which some people say you'll grow out of in 2 weeks and start waking up more but I'm just not claiming that! I wake up rested and ready to conquer the day so if you can keep this up, we'll be golden! You've become a pretty good nurser. You will not be woken up to eat though so the every 2-3 hour thing doesn't always work out. Sometimes you go 1 hour and sometimes you'll go 5 between feedings. I let you dictate that. You're gaining weight so I'm not worried. 

We went for your 1st doctor's visit. Of course, you didn't cry.. you never do. You ONLY cry when you're hungry and I'm not getting "ready" fast enough for you. You came home from the hospital on Sunday May 8th weighing 6lbs 2oz and by the time we went to the doctor on Tuesday you weighed 6lbs 8oz. You go girl! You're a peanut. You are in the 10th percentile for head circumference, 50th for length and 15th for weight. I love that you're petite! Even more so, I love that you're healthy...and that you have BEAUTIFUL (albeit short) auburn hair!
Newborn clothes for the most part swallow you whole. You fit best in gymboree "up to 7lb" size clothes. I usually keep you in sleepers that have the arms that fold over your hands since you like to keep your hands by your face so much. Otherwise, you scratch yourself. 

Your favorite place to be (other than my arms) is in your mamaroo. That thing is genius. You sleep so soundly in it! I usually let you nap there. We tried the moby wrap for the 1st time today and you did great in that too. I need more practice putting it on, though! We also tried the Baby Bjorn but you need to get a bit bigger 1st, Your head was super floppy in it. 

You are a super easy baby (please don't make me regret saying that) and you have been nothing but a joy! Your brother is wildly infatuated with you and loves you so much! You're the 1st person he ask for in the morning and tells you night night before bed. You guys snuggle while watching his evening shows and it melts my heart. You seem to enjoy being held by him and laid next to him on the floor. He likes me to lay you next to him while I change his diaper and this morning he had me lay you in his bed with him for a few minutes before he got up. I hope you always love each other like that.

Enough words... here are a few pictures from your first few days home!
Coming home from the hospital



Nice and clean after your 1st bath
Big Brother LOVES giving you kisses!

Borther/Sister Snuggle Time
All bundled up in your mamaroo!
You are such a blessing! We are absolutely smitten by you!

No comments:

Post a Comment