For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalms 139: 13&14

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lets get this show on the road!

I slept pretty well last night... better life through chemistry! :) Love me some Ambien! I slept from 11 to 3 and 3:15 to 5. Not terrible considering where I am, how many cords I'm strapped to and the machine's constant noises. I had mild contractions all throughout the night, some of which were mildly painful but I could still talk through them. At 5am, I got up, took a nice shower, did my hair and make-up (very important!) and ate a banana. I am sad to report I forgot my hot rollers but... no worries... I did remember a headband.

At 7:30 the doctor came in, checked me and said I'd made a small amount of progress but they had hoped for more. SO, I'm back on the pitocin and they'll start increasing it every 40 minutes. Hopefully it starts to work! He "weakened my membranes" and plans to fully strip them if necessary after he performs a c-section at 9am. While that was somewhat less than enjoyable, I am glad he did that because it means we're here to stay. One way or another, Miss Avery should be here before my doctor leaves at 7am tomorrow as he won't let me go past that unless I'm making great progress all of the sudden at the end. YAY! We're ready!... or should I say, I'm ready! Daniel is currently taking a bubble bath in the huge jacuzzi tub while listening to some Tolkien book on tape. I tried to tell him that babies are born in that giant tub but he's convinced it's also for husband's to relax while wives are in labor/blogging. More later!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like Avery and Anna Corbin will have the same birthday! -- Praying that everything is just perfect today!! much love, Byerly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you put on makeup! Lol it sounds like Avery is making sure that you wait just long enough to do anything to get her here :) Sending <3 and prayers your way!

    -Shakeeta

    ReplyDelete
  3. taylor- reading your blog always brings a smile to my face. your husband is hilarious by the way. excited to read the next entry :)

    ReplyDelete