For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalms 139: 13&14

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Water Broke

At 11:00 Dr Taylor tried (again) to strip the membranes...unsuccessfully and rather unenjoyably. I got super bummed since the pitocin is causing frequently contractions but isn't moving the baby. He said we'd try a while longer and then he may send me home until next week. I was not a happy camper.

I sent Daniel to get himself lunch and eat it out of my sight at 11:45. I rolled to my side to rest and when the nurse knocked on the door, it startled me and broke my water! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!! SOO... now we're here to stay! Hopefully the pitocin (which is maxed out already) starts to do it's job. I'm feeling the contractions but they aren't strong enough to need meds for. Honestly, I'm kinda bored. haha. Such a waiting game! I should have brought a book as daytime TV is proving less than entertaining! I don't think my TV is normally off Curious George, Barney or Thomas the Train until 8pm so I forgot that nothing but CRAP is on during the day!

So the good news is....water broke (odd sensation, right ladies?)
Bad news: Contractions aren't moving Avery like we'd hoped
Good news: We won't be leaving the hospital without her
Bad news: She may be born via c-section if things don't pick up
Good news: She'll be here within 24 hours either way! :)

1 comment:

  1. The doctor had to break my water while I was in labor so they could actually put more water in since my fluid was SO low. Really weird sensation...and the docs going in to break my water was almost worse than pushing!

    ReplyDelete